By: Stephen Chrisanthus Contributing Writer
Delray Beach will be submerged in Beatle-mania April 25-April 28, as a 4-day celebration of Sun, Fun, Love and Music will take place throughout the entire town.
Twenty venues will be participating in the family friendly International Beatles On The Beach Festival™.
“Delray beach is the best city in the world and the Beatles are best band in world,” event producer Daniel Hartwell said. “It a perfect combination for all music lovers to enjoy for 4 fab days of fun, sun and amazing music.”
Delray Beach was due for a cool new music festival and what better band to base it on then the legendary Beatles, who are celebrating the 50th year anniversary of Abbey Road. Over 100 artists, headline performers and musicians will be featured. The roster includes The Edgar Winter Band who performed between 2006 to 2011 with Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band, McCartney Mania backed by the Academy Orchestra with maestro Sir Thomas Servinsky conducting, and vocalist Patti Russo who performed alongside Queen, Roger Daltrey, Cher and Meatloaf. The line-up is also swarming with Beatles tribute bands arriving from Japan, Argentina, Brazil and Norway. Florida’s own Mason Pace Band, Liverpool Live, Across the Universe, SpiderCherry and The Flyers will also be performing.
In addition to the onslaught of great music are countless other activities and experiences. You don’t just have to wait for Halloween to dress up. BeatleCon, encourages guests to channel their favorite alter ego…Be a Beatle, a rockstar, a superhero, movie star, Star Wars character, animal or anything you want…heck you can even dust off your old hippie clothes and go back in time as you! Groovy prizes will be awarded for the most inspired and authentic costumes. There will be a celebrity symposium with Apple Records CEO, Tony Bramwell, and Beatle’s Hairstylist, Leslie Cavendish, hear stories about their wild Beatle experiences. Delray Beach loves a bar crawl, and the Beatles Bar Crawl even includes a Scavenger Hunt. There will be specialty cocktails served such as Me and My Monkey Margaritas, Strawberry Fields Forever Frozen Daiquiris and Florida’s own South Beach Brews. Stops along the crawl include: Bull Bar, Third & Third, Tin Roof, Boston’s on The Beach, Silver Ball Museum and Sand Bar. Bars will feature a compliment tasting menu of munchies, gifts, prizes and swag.
The four-day festival kicks off Thursday as the city shuts down 2nd Ave with “Pineapple Grove Forever” paying tribute to the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road. The all-inclusive, day or weekend passes start at $29.50 per day and four-day pass and VIP credentials go for $135. Travel and discounted accommodations are being offered at local hotels. The event producer, Daniel Hartwell, expects 10,000 celebrants will attend the event and promises a British Invasion with a Woodstock vibe. It was time for something new to hit town and this Beatles Barrage may be just the thing to get the city dancing to the beat again.
For more information on the event and to purchase tickets go to: http://beatlesonthebeach.com
Event schedule includes:
- Octopus’s Garden- Children’s Play Area with fun activities for the children.
- Beatles Bar Crawl
- Beatles Bikini Contest
- Beatles Look-A-Like Contest
- Abbey Road Car Show
- Bark with the Beatles – Doggie Dress up Contest, benefiting Tri-County Humane Society
Ticket holders receive the following discounts and free food and drinks:
- Silverball Museum will give you 1 FREE 12” pizza
- PurGreens will give you 1 FREE 8oz Beatles Drink plus 20% off
- The Tin Roof will give you 1 FREE Jello Shot
- Bull Bar will give you 1 FREE Beatle Drink
- Boston’s On The Beach will give you 1 FREE Beatle Drink
- Eathai will give you 1 FREE appetizer
- The Venu will give you 1 FREE appetizer
- Ride Delray will give you 1 FREE Ride (must sign up)
- Tapas35 will give you 1 FREE Beatle Beer
- Putt’n Around will give you 1 FREE Beatle Cupcake, and 1 FREE John Lennon Glasses
- Deck 84, Blue Anchor, Death or Glory, and Sand Bar will give you 20% off your bill the entire event weekend
- Surf District Surf Shop will give you 20% off 1 apparel item, during the event
- Souvlaki Fast will give you 20% off your bill (Boynton Location ONLY)
- Who’s Karen will give you 20% off your purchase
- Third & Third will give you 15% off your bill
- Spice will give you 15% off their Beatles Book Collection
- Over The Bridge Café will give you 15% off
- Antica Sartoria by Giacomo Cinque will give you 15% off