The first ever Tri-County Bartender Throwdown took place at Buddha Sky Bar on March 3 from 7-10 pm. A dozen top South Florida bartenders had 10 minutes to create and prepare a specialty cocktail using Tanteo premium tequila. The 2nd place winner was a Delray Beach local, Johnny DiFonzo, from Cut 432. He is pictured at right with David Morrison, Southeast Region Manager, Tanteo Spirits, LLC. DiFonzo concocted the Blood Orange Margarita recipe seen below.
- 2 oz of Tanteo Jalapeno Tequila
- 2 oz of blood orange juice
- 1 oz of sour mix
- 1/2 oz of agave syrup
- Garnish with a jalapeno lime salt foam
3rd place went to Jeff Catalano of Buddha Sky Bar, pictured at right with David Morrison. Catalano’s recipe was a Tanteo Elite. In an infusion jar, infuse brown sugar, cinnamon, coconut , pineapple and Tanteo Cocoa Tequila for 1 week.
- Pour 2 1/2 oz in a shaker
- 1/2 table spoon of egg white
- Shake then pour into snifter
- Squeeze orange zest
- Garnish with orange twist