The Florida Department of State has designated the Delray Beach Golf Club (DBGC) as a historic golf course on the Florida Historic Golf Trail. This prestigious honor celebrates active, public courses that exemplify Florida’s early golf heritage. The Delray Beach Golf Club is a city-owned regulation 18-hole par 72 course designed by legendary architect Donald Ross. It officially opened in 1926 as a nine-hole course but was later forced to close due to World War II. The golf course reopened in 1945 and the expansion to include a second nine holes was completed in 1950.