Delray Beach will not have a Bacon & Bourbon Fest in 2017.
Event producer Nancy Stewart-Franczak said she has decided to withdraw her event application.
“After careful evaluation of our budget and trying to figure out how to make it work financially, we weren’t comfortable that we could make it work,” she said in an email to the Delray Newspaper. “Based on proposed city costs of over $31,000 ($21,000 over last year) it just wasn’t feasible.”
To cover city costs alone, she said it she would have to charge event attendees $30 to enter.
The news comes just less than a week before the city commission is scheduled to adopt its new special events policy. The policy will limit the number of downtown events, road closures and aims to make sure the city is reimbursed for its costs during a special event.
Commissioners are scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. Thursday in City Hall.