By: Jeff Perlman Editor in Chief
10 reasons to know you’ve lived in Delray for longer than 10 minutes or years…
- You remember when the traffic signals were blinking yellow on West Atlantic Avenue and when the corner of A1A and Atlantic felt a little seedy. (You also remember the Georgia Town Tavern, Paradise Club and The Phoenix.)
- You remember when you looked forward to seeing all of your neighbors at “Art and Jazz on the Avenue”. Maybe it’s time to bring that back and meet new folks?
- You remember workers applying the final touches of paint on the new tennis stadium when it debuted for the Virginia Slims tournament back in the 90s.
- You shot pool at the Phoenix and went to reggae night at Boston’s.
- You were excited when Damiano’s opened—finally a restaurant!
- You remember looking at the pictures on the wall at Cheeburger, Cheeburger. And you remember when two-time restaurant of the year Caffe Luna Rosa was a gelato store.
- You can name the restaurant that used to be where’s Bru’s Room is now. Atlantic Station?
- You used to have lunch at Coasters. Or..below ground at Linton Towers.
- You bought your baseball glove at Sal’s Sporting Goods store and marveled at the collection of art, jewelry and cool chess sets at Gillis & Sons.
- You remember when Lou Jensen re-opened the Sundy House, as a tea room.