By: Riana Milne, MA, LMHC, CAP
I was thrilled to have been asked to be 1 of 5 Certified Life & Love/Relationship Coaches to be in a new TV Series – Radical Dating – Finding Love After 40. The show tapes in LA this fall, and should be out early spring 2017. We are coaching one single man and four women – who are seriously looking for an emotionally healthy, evolved life partner. This is a TV Show concept I have wanted to do for years when I was single and over 40; why?
Because EHarmony quotes, “There are about 45 million single men over the age of 35 in the United States, and these are just the ones using online dating! Some statistics say it’s as much as 11 women to each man after 55.” This show is gearing up to help both men and women over 40, world-wide, learn the tools to find an amazing life partner.
Ladies, you definitely have competition; so how do you get an edge? Through Radical Dating.
I define Radical Dating as “dating with intention.” You know what you want, and you are consciously aware of exactly how to bring your very best self into the dating game – you are an emotionally healthy, consciously evolved happy single first – before dating; thus; truly attracting someone similar to yourself. You love life, and created an amazing world for yourself. Now you are ready to add that special partner to your world. You see, no one learned to have an ideal relationship in school; we didn’t learn what values and character traits to look for in an emotionally healthy partner, or to what to avoid (toxic behaviors and personality types); or, how to communication openly and authentically. Unfortunately, American society promotes “chemistry” as the best way to choose a partner; which is hugely incorrect. Radical Daters only date people who are highly aligned with their vision, purpose, requirements, needs and wants.
1. Radical Daters are fiercely focused on going after what you really want and not settling for less. If you don’t go for it, you won’t get it!
2. Most singles approach dating with a “fun first” mindset, reluctant to turn off prospects by being up front and serious about their desire for commitment, then get frustrated when there is no commitment. Radical Daters are absolutely unapologetic about their desires to marry, have children, etc.
3. Most singles approach dating somewhat casually, hoping to find someone compatible, without clarity about exactly who they are and what they want, so they do a lot of trial and error. Radical Daters love to have fun, but are ruthless about not wasting their time with anyone who is not 100% aligned with who they are and what they want.
4. Most singles live day to day with dreams, but don’t take daily concrete action towards those dreams. Radical Daters are committed to achieving their dreams and their choices and actions are always aligned with creating the life they want.
5. Most singles allow their fears to influence their dating – fear of rejection, being alone, being hurt, etc. and do what they can to protect themselves emotionally when dating. Radical Daters choose to be fearless. They do not allow their choices to be ruled by fear, but consciously choose their partner.
6. Most singles, deep down, don’t really believe they can find their soul mate so they settle for a relationship that’s less than what they really want. Radical Daters strongly want to live happily ever after with the love of their life and are determined not to settle for less.
Riana Milne, MA, LMHC, CAP is a Certified, global Relationship, Love & Life Coach, a #1 Best Selling author, upcoming Life & Relationship Coach for the TV Show, Radical Dating – Finding Love Over 40; Host of her former TV show: Lessons in Life & Love, a motivational speaker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Cert Addictions Professional at Therapy by the Sea; 15300 Jog Rd, Suite 109, Delray Beach. Her free App: My Relationship Coach offers more articles and her 5 star rated books, LOVE Beyond Your Dreams – Break Free of Toxic Relationships to Have the Love You Deserve and LIVE Beyond Your Dreams – from Fear and Doubt to Personal Power, Purpose and Success, addresses life transitions and relationships with yourself and others. To learn more about Riana’s Coaching programs or suggest a topic, go to www.RianaMilne.com or email RianaMilne@gmail.com. Worldwide Coaching Phone: (201) 281-7887. Delray office: (561) 701-8277; Skype Coaching and FB: Coach Riana Milne.
By: Riana Milne, MA, LMHC, CAP