By: Delray Medical Center Special to the Boca and Delray newspapers
Restore your health and regain confidence with a proven long-term weight-loss solution. The weight loss surgery team at Delray Medical Center is ready to guide you on your journey to a healthier and more active life.
If you’re 100 pounds or more overweight, you may be a candidate for medical weight-loss surgery at Delray Medical Center. The reasons are more than cosmetic. People who are more than 30 percent over their ideal weight often experience serious medical problems, such as heart disease and diabetes, and may be at increased risk for certain cancers.
Weight-loss surgery can help you successfully reach a healthier weight and give you the opportunity to live a longer, healthier and more active life.
Located on the campus of Delray Medical Center, the Surgical Weight-Loss Program specializes in multi-disciplinary care, and our experienced team offers some of the most effective procedures available for surgical weight loss in South Florida including: adjustable gastric banding, roux-en-Y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. We also offer management of existing bariatric patients to include lap band adjustments and revisional surgery.
Criteria for Bariatric Surgery:
- BMI of 40 or greater consistent for the past five years
- BMI of 35 or greater with any of the medically treated co-morbidities listed (insurance requirements may vary):
- Sleep apnea
- Failure of other measures to lose weight, such as:
- Weight loss programs
- Dietary changes
- Acceptable surgical risk
- Ability to understand lifestyle changes and motivation to comply with program guidelines
- Absence of medical/psychological contraindications